The Center for Media and Communication Studies at the Central European University and CGCS co-organize summer programs through Central European University’s Summer University in Budapest, Hungary.
The 2014 intensive summer course will bring together a broadly international group of researchers, policy advocates, technologists and human rights activists to gain new insights into the role which civil society can play in advocating for a free and open internet. Sessions will highlight the potential of technology and online tools for mobilizing and organizing constituencies in support of an open Internet and for enhancing the security and privacy of online communication.
- CEU Summer course on Advanced Topics in Internet Governance, Civil Society and Policy Advocacy
- CEU Summer Course on Advocacy, Activism and the Internet: Communication Policy for Social Change (July 6-12, 2014)
- CEU Summer Course on Internet Governance, Civil Society and Public Policy Advocacy (July 8-19, 2013)
- CEU Summer Course on Online Free Expression and Communication Policy Advocacy: a Toolkit for Media Development (June 18-29, 2012)
- CEU Summer Course on Communication Policy Advocacy, Technology, and Online Freedom of Expression: a Toolkit for Media Development (June 20 – July 1, 2011)
- CEU Summer University Course on Media Development and Democratization: Understanding and Implementing Monitoring and Evaluation Programs (July 4-16, 2010)
- CEU Summer University Course on Media, Democratization and International Development: Foundations for a More Robust Research Agenda (June – July 2009)
- CEU Summer University Course on Media, Democratization and Civil Society (June 16 – 28, 2008)