June 7, 2012 - August 1, 2012
Categories: Call for Application
The Center for Global Communication Studies at the Annenberg School for Communication is offering an internship opportunity to qualified candidates who are looking to gain experience and knowledge in the field of international comparative media law and policy. This internship is open to students, recent grads, and early professionals interested in global communication issues and media development. The internship will be paid at a rate of $11/hour.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the CGCS staff with research, writing and editing reports, copyediting book chapters and other studies.
- Compiling the Center’s weekly newsletter and other correspondence, as well as editing news analysis for the Iran Media Program.
- Creating and editing announcements for the Center’s other activities.
- Creating blog posts, editing and updating the CGCS blog. Assisting with website and social network maintenance.
- Conference planning and support, helping book hotels and airfare, creating information packets, tracking conference participants, etc.
- Creating and maintaining excel files for expenses and finances. Executing minor administrative tasks as needed.
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program, or a Bachelors degree.
- Proven research and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with research tools, such as Lexis-Nexis, JSTOR, etc.
- Strong writing and editing abilities.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail. CGCS cannot sponsor visas for this internship.
- Applicants need to have authorization to work in the U.S..
For questions and inquiries, please contact Laura S. Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLY HERE by August 1st.