July 18, 2011 - July 27, 2011
Categories: Summer Institute
The World Bank Institute’s Governance Practice, the World Bank’s Communication for Governance and Accountability Program (CommGAP), the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern California are pleased to announce the 2011 pilot of the Executive Course in Communication and Governance Reform. The course is designed for communication professionals in Africa and the Middle East who want to build critical competencies in providing implementation support to change agents and reform leaders throughout government and civil society.
The ten-day program will equip participants with knowledge about the most recent advances in communication and proven techniques in reform implementation. The program’s inter-disciplinary approach and regional focus will serve as the foundation for building expert networks of in-country communication practitioners and professionals. Participants will develop core competencies essential to bringing about real change, leading to development results in a wide range of sectors. Participants will acquire critical skills in four key areas:
- Interpreting governance diagnostics and political economy analyses
- Crafting multi-stakeholder coalition building strategies and tactics to support reform
- Providing implementation support to governance reform
- Applying monitoring and evaluation frameworks
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The course is intended for senior communication professionals in the public and private sectors, including communication directors and advisors in government, senior development practitioners engaged in communication work, and managers and executives of public affairs, public relations, and advertising ﬁrms.
Successful applicants will possess:
• Minimum 10 to 15 years of professional experience in communication, public affairs or relevant ﬁeld
• Masters degree or equivalent in communication, public affairs, political science or related ﬁeld
• Fluency in spoken and written English
Full tuition scholarships, including travel support and accommodations, will be provided to successful applicants.*
TO APPLY: Please visit: www.worldbank.org/commgap
Application Deadline: April 29, 2011