June 16, 2012 - June 27, 2012
University of Southern California – Los Angeles
Categories: Summer Institute
The World Bank Institute’s Governance Practice, the World Bank’s External Aﬀairs Operational Communications department, the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and the Annenberg School for Communication & Journalism at the University of Southern California are pleased to announce the 2012 Summer Institute in Communication and Governance Reform.
The course is designed for government/public sector oﬃcials or private sector advisors who want to build critical competencies in providing implementation support to change agents and reform leaders throughout government and civil society in developing countries.The 12 day program will equip participants with knowledge about the most recent advances in communication and proven techniques in reform implementation. The program’s interdisciplinary approach and regional focus will serve as the foundation for building expert networks of in-country communication practitioners and professionals. Participants will develop core competencies essential to bringing about real change, leading to development results in a wider range of sectors.Participants will acquire critical skills in ﬁve key areas:
1. Interpreting governance diagnostics and political economy analyses.
2. Crafting multi-stakeholder coalition building strategies and tactics to support reform.
3. Providing communication skills that support the implementation on governance reforms.
4. Leveraging social/digital media tools and analytics eﬀectively.
5. Developing communication metrics and applying monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
To apply and for more information, please visit the official website.