June 1, 2015 - June 12, 2015
University of Southern California – Los Angeles
The World Bank-Annenberg Summer Institute is designed for leaders, strategists and advisors who want to strengthen the critical communication skills and tools required to support change agents and reform initiatives in developing countries.
During the 10-day program, participants will learn the most recent advances in strategic communication and proven techniques in reform implementation. Participants will develop the skills required to bring about real change, leading to development results. Leaders will connect with a global network of development professionals working on initiatives in the public, private and non-profit sectors.
Participants will acquire critical skills in five key areas:
• Interpreting and using political analyses
• Crafting multi-stakeholder collaboration, coalition and network building strategies and tactics to support reform
• Developing strategic communication skills that lead to development results
• Leveraging social/digital media tools and analytics effectively
• Building communication metrics and applying monitoring and evaluation frameworks relevant to reform
The course will be taught by leading experts from the World Bank Group, External and Corporate Relations (ECR), Operational Communications unit; the World Bank’s Leadership, Learning and Innovation Group (LLI); the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern California; and the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania.