May 28, 2013 - June 7, 2013
University of Southern California – Los Angeles
Summer Institute in Communication
and Governance Reform
(Application Deadline: February 28th, 2013)
The 9.5-day program will equip participants with knowledge about the most recent advances in communication and proven techniques in reform implementation. Participants will develop core competencies essential to bringing about real change, leading to development results in a wider range of sectors.
Participants will acquire critical skills in five key areas:
- Interpreting governance diagnostics and political economy analyses.
- Crafting multi-stakeholder collaboration, coalition and network building strategies and tactics to support reform.
- Providing communication skills that support the implementation of governance reforms.
- Leveraging social/digital media tools and analytics effectively.
- Developing communication metrics and applying monitoring and evaluation frameworks relevant to governance reform.